Independence Day is the federal holiday in the United States commemorating the adoption of the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776. Most of us take this time to celebrate with our local community, travel, or simply be with family. Whether you’ve got destination vacation plans or simply gathering with friends and family over barbecue underneath a fireworks display, we’re sure you’re excited to take some time off. But before you leave the workplace and clock out at 5:00 PM, be mindful of the things you’re leaving behind.
Here are some tips for those of us closing warehouse operations down for Independence Day or any Holiday:
- Make sure lift trucks and other industrial powered equipment, particularly electric, are indoors or under a roof. The weather forecast may be sunny and bright, but you’ll never know when Mother Nature decides to throw a cloudy day or even rain down. You wouldn’t want to dash out in the middle of a family gathering.
- Double check on locks and alarm systems. Set a phone brigade system among colleagues so communication plans are in place in case of an emergency.
- Ensure paper work are turned in on time. Be it your employees’ time cards or reports that need to be submitted on July 5, accomplish them early so you wouldn’t have to worry during your time off or worse, cram when you get back in the office.
- Anticipate Delivery Schedules. Given that Holidays may post delivery delays, make sure you’ve already put in your orders, including forklift parts orders, ahead of time.
- Shut down or log off computers, laptops, or any electronic device as prescribed by your IT department. Not only does this save the company energy consumption, Your IT department may choose to run automated updates and maintenance at a time when employees are not on the system. Make sure to save the files you are working on before leaving your desk.
Most importantly, have a safe celebration! We look forward to serving you upon your return. And if you wish to schedule forklift service or book a rental, we’ll be happy to take care of these for you so that you can take time off worry-free, knowing SCMH has got your uptime guaranteed.