SHELL OIL PRODUCTS WINS FORKLIFT CHALLENGE 2018
August 9, 2018 Whittier, CA Adam Vasquez of Shell Oil Products placed first in this year’s forklift challenge hosted by Southern California Material Handling (SCMH) held during an open house kicking off the Jungheinrich Driving Innovation Roadshow.
Forklift challengers Jose Ayala (California Custom Fruits), Darrell Pate (J. Paul Getty Trust), Leno Palacios (All-Ways Pacific), and Jose Morguia (California Custom Fruits) went neck-and-neck in the obstacle challenge where they were tasked to navigate the Jungheinrich EFG electric three-wheel forklift safely and productively through a course that ends by rolling a bowling ball to strike 10 pins.
The expert operators had to conduct a pre-shift safety inspection and was scored on thoroughness, methodology, and error detection.
Adam scored the highest in both categories, earning him the title Forklift Challenge Champion 2018, a trophy, and a $150 gift card.
“This is the second year SCMH held the forklift challenge and we are proud to promote not just the efficiency and maneuverability of our Jungheinrich product, but more importantly, safety and productivity in the workplace.” Tony Edgar, committee chair of the forklift challenge, said.
Congratulations to all companies and operators who participated!
Are you up for a challenge? Join the SCMH Forklift Challenge!
Here’s how it works:
WHEN IS THE FORKLIFT CHALLENGE?
- August 9, 2018.
- The open house starts at 8:00 AM and the forklift challenge starts at 10:00 AM.
WHO CAN JOIN?
- Open to all Southern California SCMH customers and future customers.
- Your current employees can represent your company. Your president, your admin personnel, your forklift operators, your warehouse managers are all eligible, provided they have a valid operator’s certificate.
HOW MANY CAN JOIN FROM MY COMPANY?
- The maximum number of contestants per company is two. Regardless of the number of branches.
- In addition to the contender/s each company may bring a delegation of up to five personnel who may also stand as alternates and for team support.
WHAT IS THE CHALLENGE?
- Contestants must conduct and complete a pre-shift inspection form prior to navigating the course. This is part of the judging criteria.
- Safely and accurately navigate through the course driving an electric three-wheel forklift, Jungheinrich EFG.
- Contestants will be given a task to load/unload/transport materials including roll a bowling ball unto a set of bowling pins and go for a strike!
- Take a sneak peek:
WHAT’S AT STAKE?
- Trophy for your company.
- $150 gift card for your operator.
- A coveted title of Forklift Operator Champion 2018!
WHAT ARE THE NEXT STEPS?
- Register via the link below.
- Attend the contestants’ briefing (will be sent to all registered contestants upon confirmation of entry).
HOW TO JOIN?
- REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED.
- If your company has two contestants, you must submit two registration forms.
Questions? Please call Mara Gaborro at 562-654-3663